Friday, September 15, 2006

Happy Birthday to me........

Well another year older. I keep saying I don't feel 36... Is there a certain way I should feel? I guess I feel older than that sometimes; especially when I think about all the crap that has happened in my life, but then there are times that I am totally amazed that I'm this old. Where did all that time go??? I guess it slipped by without taking notice. I had to grow up rather quickly, so I never really had those "fun twenties" I am the youngest of 7 kids, and the oldest is 22 yrs older than me. I was aunt at the age of 3...but really don't know that niece. My next oldest niece is just 8 yrs younger than me. I started "watching" kids at the age of 9 and started growing up faster than I really should have. I lost both my parents at a young age and moved out on my own at 17... Married at 19 and first kid at 25... WOW..... What an amazing time it has been.

Today has been probably the best birthday ever though... My husband has been clean & sober for 57 days. That is the best present EVER. I know he's doing it for himself, but in turn I (we) receive the benefit. My family is the happiest it has EVER been. We took the kids to the downtown park in the old market area. There are these 2 huge slides. The kids were having a ball sliding down, Dad up top and Mom at the bottom to make sure no one flew off. Well one of the kids found a piece of wax paper.... If you've never experienced waxed paper on stainless steel... You FLY.... So after about 45 mins of them sliding, I decided it would be fun if Mom tried the waxed paper....BIG MISTAKE. I came off the first hump just fine, but literally flew off the second...I was probably 4 ft off the slide and slammed back down, right on my tail bone.... I have a bad back to begin with, but haven't had any problems with it for months...Until now... I was in tears... But I bit my lip and walked it off...We took the kids out for pizza and came home. I soaked for an hour in a hot tub. I wasn't as sore the next morning as I thought I would be...

Well I gotta go, my husband just came home with the most absolutely BEAUTIFUL, long stemmed red roses and mint chip ice cream... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Reg said...

Happy belated Birthday. I need to ling your blog to my home page darn it so I can keep up.

Just Me said...

Thank You Regina! I'm so happy lately it scares me... I haven't been this happy in years!