Sunday, October 15, 2006

What's worse than the flu.................... ONE BATHROOM

We've had the flu running through the house this past week. First was Ruby, poor thing. I had taken her along on some errands Tuesday morning. We stopped at Aunt Amy's to drop off the chaffing dish we borrowed to cater a party we did last Sunday. She wouldn't even talk to Amy. She just kept saying that she felt weird. She used the bathroom there and we left. Ruby didn't look sick, nor did she act like it. I asked her if she was okay, she said yes. We ran to Thrift World to look at a coat for Nathan and she asked to use the bathroom again. I took her back there and she went...no big deal. I was looking around at some jeans for Nathan when she said that she needed to use the bathroom again. I had the coat and several pairs of jeans in my hands so I took her back to the bathroom again. I opened the door and turned the light on for her. I told her I was gonna wait in the hallway right outside the door for her because I had those things with me and I didn't want it to seem like I was trying to steal something, so I stood right outside the door. I heard her start to make a whining sound and I opened the door- She had vomited all over herself, her pants, underwear.... I grabbed the waste basket and held it up for her to throw up in while she was sitting on the potty. Poor girl was mortified.... Of course there are no paper towels in there- only hand dryers. I took her underwear off, rinsed them out in the sink and put them in my purse. I cleaned up her pants and legs the best I could and got her back into her rain coat. I tied the liner in the waste basket and left it in there. I made sure the floor was as cleaned up as possible without paper towels. We walked to the front of the store and there wasn't anyone in line to pay, so I paid for the coat and jeans and advised the checker of what had happened and that the bathroom would need to be cleaned up a little. Ruby came home and took a quick bath and got into pj's. She felt horrible and slept most of the day. The next day she said she felt fine and went to school that afternoon. Wed in the middle of the night she woke up vomiting again, and stayed home from school Thurs and Friday. She started feeling like herself again late Friday afternoon. I on the otherhand started to feel crappy. I knew I was going to get it. I did fine all night. Saturday I felt ok- not the greatest, but not terrible. I took a shower late in the afternoon and started to feel fine. Nathan came out of his hideout (bedroom) and laid on the livingroom couch and said "I think I'm gonna throw up" I looked at him and told him to go into the bathroom then, not lay on the couch. He made it just in time- he got sick.... But after that he said that he felt fine. Xavier felt fine, Molly was fine...I was a little worn out, but fine. By 10:00pm Nathan, Xavier and I were all vomiting. Molly had decided earlier in the evening that she was spending the night at her girlfriends house next door. We only have one bathroom in this little house.... It was interesting to say the least. Nathan had a bucket in his room- Xavier had the "ILL BOWL" on the living room couch and I hadn't needed anything. I managed to hold off until about 2am. But I ended up sitting on the toilet with the trash can in my lap.... I haven't been that sick in years.... By this morning the boys were fine and ready to eat breakfast....I wasn't feeling much like eating or drinking anything. It's about 3:30pm now and I'm just getting up to move around. Thank God it was just the 24hr thing... I hate when everyone is sick including me. It's so hard to care for everyone when you are feeling bad too. Molly and Pat are the only ones that haven't gotten it. Molly hasn't been home much, and Ruby stayed in the livingroom on the couch while she was sick, so they didn't sleep in the same room. Pat's been working so much, that he hasn't really spent much time around the kids the last couple of days so he might be spared....I doubt it though. I'm usually the one who never gets what the kids have.... I surely hope he doesn't get it though, he's worse than the kids when he's sick. He whines more than they do.... Well I'm sure that was just entirely Too Much Information.....But hey...I count my blessings now a days...It could have been so much worse....

I seem to find less and less time to post. Not that I ever really post on a regular basis, but still.

I haven't heard back from the attorney yet, but he said to call him back if I hadn't heard from him in a week or so. I'll call him on Tues, or Wed to see if he's spoken to the prosecutor and gotten the stupid driving on a suspended license dropped yet. I'm sure he will, I've never been in any trouble. The worst thing I've ever had is a traffic ticket years and years ago.

I've been working on Xavier's costume for Halloween. He's so creative. He decided that he wanted to be a lunch box. He took an old printer box, and told me how to make it so the front would open like a real lunch box. He wants people to have to open it to put the candy in. It's turning out pretty cute. Only one burn from the hot glue gun, so I'm doing good so far. He's making all the stuff to glue inside of it. I'll post pictures when it's done. Ruby wants to be Cinderella...imagine that. She is such a girly girl. She loves to play princess. She wants to be called "Princess Maggie" I laughed. She didn't think it was funny, she was "serious". Her new favorite line "I'm serious, really, I'm serious". Molly said she was going to dress up as Tiffany from the Child's Play- Chuckie movies.... That should be interesting. Nathan said he was dressing up like Link from Legend of Zelda video games. Xavier just laughed cause he said that Nathan was going to look like a girl in the white tights. I love Halloween.

Sorry for the graphics.....I'm sure you could have done without them!

1 comment:

Reg said...

What has happened to you. No post for so long? Are you and the family okay?