Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yes.......I'm a bad bad blogger

I'm a terrible blogger.....LOL I have been so busy with the stupid everyday things in life, that I've totally neglected blogging. First....Congrats to EH! I knew you'd do wonderful! Keep up the hard work...This semester will be as good as the last! I'm proud of you for not giving up, especially when things were rocky! YOU GO GIRL!!! also, thanks for checking up on me! It's nice to know that someone is looking out!

The kids are all doing wonderfully. I got the best surprise...Nathan my trouble child brought home all A's on his report card....I'm so proud of him, he really worked hard. He's so smart, it's just been getting him to apply himself and do the work. He really cowboyed up and did a fantastic job....His teacher is a wonderful woman. She reminds me so much of my favorite teacher in grade school Mr. Sampugnaro (Mr Sam). He was tough, but he cared. He really turned me around. THANKS MR SAM.

It's been an series of events this last month....GOOD GOD, I'll be glad to have a boring life. No drama, or emergencies, or surprises of the bad sort. I spent this morning out running around trying to find Pat a shirt and tie. He's a chef....He only wears a suit for funerals and interviews...Lets see....It's been at least 8yrs since we've attended a funeral.... So I had to get him something to wear. His uncle died suddenly this week, and he is going to be a pallbarer(sp).
On Monday morning we got the call...very shocked to say the least. I took Ruby to school that morning, and her little friend Krissy and her mom were waiting. I asked how the weekend was and Sheila just looked at me and I could see the tears welling up, I hugged her and asked what was wrong. She told me her dad had just died that morning.... I just hugged her. He had been sick with cancer and hadn't been doing well. We had talked about it on Friday afternoon, and she said that he didn't want to do chemo anymore and that he said he was done with everything and just wanted to go. Having been down that road myself, I told her that as much as she loved him, it was his choice. She agreed. She just didn't want him to suffer. We talked about hospice and the good things it does. I told her if she needed anything, to just call. I wasn't surpised that he had passed. I just felt awful for her and Krissy. Monday was Krissy's 5th B-day. Krissy didn't know yet. I told her that I was sorry to hear about her father and if there was anything she needed to just call....
So yesterday when I took Ruby to school, I asked Sheila how she was holding up...She informed me that her nephew died that morning at 2:30. He was born very premature in October and had undergone several surgeries. He was doing very well, and the parents had even finished the baby's room, because the Dr's told his parents that they were going to be able to take him home in a few weeks....I'm not sure exactly what happened, but the boy went down hill very very quickly. I started to tear up. I can't imagine how she's keeping it all together. That's alot of death all at once. I could only hug her. I didn't have any words other than how sorry I was. I know she's a strong woman, but she's still just one person.....

Hmmmm other than that, not much more to tell.... There is alot of crap that has happened in the last month, but I don't feel like rehashing it now....lol

1 comment:

Reg said...

Yeah for your son.

Sorry to hear about your friends losses. She is an incredibly strong person. I would have had a nervous break down.