Saturday, July 22, 2006

The End..........


23


Broken promises and empty dreams.
Twenty-Three years ripped apart at the seams.

A young bright girl full of life
An intelligent boy asked for a wife.
Five years of trying and months of crying
A beautiful baby girl in the grips of dying.

At last we have a happy home
The two of us no longer alone.
Another blessing, a bundle of joy
This time we're given a baby boy.

Family of four so proudly we smile
Never imagined what was down the mile.
The babies grow and start to school
now everyone remember the golden rule.

The nights grow quite, everyone is asleep
finally a night without a peep.
Once again the stork drops a bundle of joy
A happy healthy baby boy.

Money grows tight, every word in fight
Never knowing where he is late in the night.
Trying and trying to figure it out
whispers slowly turning to an evil shout.

Another year of marriage, now it's eleven
another sweet girl sent down from heaven.
The screaming the yelling, the crying the pain
thinking to myself, what will we gain?

The effects of the demon are showing each day
Please dear GOD...Take him away.
I plead, I beg...I threaten and cry
You promised..you promised. Why oh why??

A few more years and a thousand tears
our marriage is crumbling after all these years.
I question a God who turns away
Never again....Never a day.

Twenty-Three years you've been in my life
Most of them I've spent being your wife.
The demons became you and you they
The happiness is slowly chipped away.

The dreams of forever no longer I hold
The future for us no longer gold.

Four smiling faces I look down and see
Four smiling faces looking up to me.
I must protect you, that I know in my heart
Even if Mom and Dad are torn apart.

I'm angry and hurt and beg you please
I plead and beg...I fall to my knees.
All that has fallen upon deaf ears.
You turn a blind eye to all the tears.

Enough is enough I tell you again.
My pleas carried off, gone with the wind.

The children grow smarter and older and wise
They no longer believe all the little white lies.
The questions they ask, I try to evade
they linger in my heart like a razor blade.

The one who is to love them, the one they call Dad
is the one who scares them and makes them sad.
I can no longer take it I have to make my stand
Get out of my life.... I've let go of your hand.

Twenty-Three years ripped apart at the seams
by broken promises and empty dreams

No comments: